To appear for JEE Main 2023, you need to have completed qualifying exam i.e. class 11 and 12 or similar exams. You should have completed the class 11 and 12 from one of the below mentioned qualifying exams to be eligible for JEE Main 2023:
- The aspirant should have completed final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized central/ state Board, such as CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education); CISCE (Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations) etc.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a recognized Board or University.
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School/ Board/ University examination in India or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- H.S.C. vocational examination.
- A Diploma recognized by AICTE or a state board of technical education of at least 3 year duration.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London / Cambridge / Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- Aspirant should have completed the class 12 or equivalent examination outside India or from a Board not specified above should produce a certificate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) to the effect that the examination they have passed is equivalent to the Class 12 exam.
- In case the relevant JEE Main Qualifying Exam is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination at an earlier level.
Along with the qualifying exam criteria, you also need to score a minimum of 75% aggregate marks to be eligible to appear in JEE Mains 2023.
You can go through the complete JEE Main 2023 Eligibility Criteria and check if you are eligible to appear for JEE Mains 2023.