NEET 2022 Registration Process and Application form – NTA has started the application process for NEET 2022 on 6th April 2022. To appear in NEET 2022 exam, you should complete the registration process and fill the application form. Our experts have gathered complete information about NEET 2022 Registration including documents required (for 12th going and repeater students) to fill the application form. You can track the important exam dates including last date for filling NEET 2022 registration and application form.
The NEET 2022 application form has been released on 6th April 2022 and you can submit the form before the last date i.e. 6th May 2022. You will have about 30 days time to submit the exam form. However, the fee submission can be done till 7th May 2022.
The registration process for filling the NEET 2022 application form is quite simple. You can choose the NEET exam city and centre while filling the form. However, before applying, you should read the NEET 2022 eligibility criteria to assess your eligibility for the exam.
We have compiled information regarding the NEET 2022 registration and application form including a list of documents required, important dates and the complete step-wise process for filling the form.
- Latest Updates on NEET 2022 Application Form and Registration Process
- Procedure for completing registration and application process
- Correction of errors in NEET 2022 Registration and Application form
- Choosing medium of NEET 2022
- Important Dates for NEET 2022 Application Form
- Documents required for NEET 2022 Registration and Application Form
- NEET Application Fees Payment
Latest updates on NEET Application and Registration Form 2022
There are a few major updates regarding the NEET form filling process, as mentioned below:
- The application form for NEET 2022 is completely online. If you wish to appear for the NEET 2022 exam, you are required to fill the application form in online mode only. Keep a check on the schedule of NEET application form dates, including the last date.
- NTA will not provide any correction facility at any stage of the registration. Hence, you should carefully fill the online NEET application form and read it multiple times before submitting it.
- Compared to last year, the NEET 2022 registration process will be done in one phase.
- If you are from the UTs of J&K or Ladakh and if you wish to claim All India quota, you need to submit a self-declaration form. These two Union Territories are not eligible for the 15% All India Quota.
- NEET exam is compulsory for students who are seeking admission into MBBS, BDS, AYUSH and veterinary courses, as well as B.Sc. Nursing. AYUSH courses include Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy courses.
- Selection to AIIMS and JIPMER would also be through NEET UG 2022. So, all students who wish to take admission to these colleges need to complete the registration process and fill the NEET 2022 Application form. No separate exam would be held for admission to AIIMS and JIPMER.
- This year, NTA has allowed you to add an alternate mobile number and an alternate email address.
How to fill NEET 2022 Registration and Application form
NEET registration and application process has started on 6th April 2022 and you should fill the form before the last date i.e. 6th May 2022. As the application form is online, you need to ensure that you follow the correct process for filling the form. Otherwise, you would need to make corrections later or may end up getting disqualified.
The procedure for filling the NEET 2022 Exam application form is divided into four steps. Below is an overview of the entire registration and application process including documents required and form filling process:
- NEET 2022 Registration
- Filing the NEET 2022 Application Form
- Uploading the Important Documents required for NEET 2022 Application and Registration form
- Application fee submission
Tips on how to fill the NEET 2022 Registration and Application form
The detailed step-by-step guide on how to fill the NEET application form is given below.
You should ensure some basic points on how to fill the form correctly. By doing this, you can ensure that you do not need to make any corrections later.
- You should aim to fill the form timely to avoid any mistakes and avoid the last-minute rush.
- The application form for NEET 2022 can be filled through online mode only. No offline application for NEET will be accepted. So, take your time to read the step-by-step guide to fill the form.
- You are required to upload the scanned images of certain documents. Keep them handy while filling the NEET form.
- Once you have filled the application form and paid the fee, you need to retain the below documents for future reference
- Printout of the Confirmation Page of Online Application for NEET
- Proof of NEET Application fee payment
- 6 to 8 identical copies of the photograph uploaded in the NEET Application form
- Copy of system generated Self-declaration. It is applicable only for candidates from Jammu and Kashmir who have opted for seats under 15% All India Quota.
How to fill NEET 2022 Registration form
Visit the NTA NEET website and read the exam notification & procedure to apply
You have to fill out the NEET 2022 registration form on the official NTA NEET website only. You need to register an account before you fill the application form.
To register, visit https://neet.nta.nic.in/ and click on ‘New Registration’ on the home page of the website.
Read the instructions and procedure for filling the online registration form for NEET carefully. On the page, you can also click ‘Download Information Bulletin’ and get a copy of the NTA brochure for the NEET 2022 exam.
Then click on the ‘Click Here to Proceed’ button.
Enter personal details and document details
On the NEET 2022 Registration page, you need to enter your personal details. These include your and your parent’s name, date of birth, gender, nationality and details mentioned on the identification proof. You should also enter the number mentioned on the ID proof on the registration page at the time of filling the NEET application form.
Below is the list of identification proofs. At this stage of the NEET registration and application process, you do not need to submit the documents required. You can choose any one of them and mention the details on the page.
- Aadhar Card (Last four digits)
- Voter Id/Election Card (EPIC No.)
- Passport number
- Ration Card
- Bank Account
- Other Valid Government Identity Card
After filling in the personal details, you need to enter personal and permanent address details on the page. You should also enter your mobile number and email id which you are currently using. NTA will send the latest updates and OTPs on your mobile number to complete your registration for NEET 2022. Also, NTA will send all communications to this mobile number and email id.
Create a password to login into your NTA account
Now you need to create a password for your NEET application form. Create a password keeping in mind the guidelines given below. Then choose a security question and answer. You should note down the password, security question and answer to the security question for future reference.
Now, click on ‘Submit’.
Verify personal details information
Check information in every field one by one and click on its corresponding checkbox at the bottom. If everything is correct, check ‘I have verified all the information entered by me’ and click on ‘Next’.
In case, you need to make any corrections to the details, simply click on the ‘Edit Registration Form’ button.
Your Provisional Application Number has been generated now. Note down this number safely and click on ‘Click here to login’.
Click on ‘Complete Application form’ to complete the NEET 2022 application process. All steps for the next stage of the application process are mentioned below:
How to fill NEET 2022 Application From
Once you have filled the NEET registration form, you have created an account on NTA’s website using your basic details. If you do not wish to complete the NEET application form at the same time, you do it later. You can use the email address, mobile number and password to log in and complete the process.
Enter Personal and Exam-related details
Some of the fields are pre-filled based on the information that was provided at the time of completing NEET 2022 registration. There is some additional information that you need to provide, as mentioned below:
- Domicile i.e. the state or union territory from where you have passed class 12th
- Category to which you belong (self-declaration).
- If you are suffering from diabetes
- Are you covered under the Pwd category
- Your place of birth (India or Abroad), State and district.
- Dress code in which you intend to appear for NEET 2022
- Language in which you want to appear for the NEET exam (Medium of Question paper)
- Choices of examination Cities- You have to fill four examination cities in order of your preference.
You cannot change the preferences of the medium of question paper and examination cities later. So, you need to choose carefully.
Entering Academic Details
Here you need to enter the details related to your Class 12th as asked in the NEET application form. After filling the information.
In this section, you also need to provide the qualifying exam code, exam state along with other details, as mentioned in the image below:
After entering the above information, enter the security pin and click on ‘Submit’.
Review the details entered in the application form
Now, review for NEET Application form. Double-check each and every detail. If everything is correct, check all the checkboxes at the bottom and click on ‘Final Submit’.
After submitting the application form successfully, you will receive your final NEET application number. In case you wish to change any details, you still have the option to edit your application form, by clicking ‘Edit Application Form’.
If you do not wish to make any changes, you can move on to the next step to upload the required documents.
Upload documents required for filling NEET 2022 Application Form
This year, NTA has simplified the process of filling out the NEET registration and application form by reducing the list of the important documents required. The list of the documents required at the time of filling out the NEET 2022 form is provided below:
For each of the required documents at the time of filling the form, click on ‘Choose file’. Then select the document from your device and click on ‘Upload’.
- Passport size photograph
- Postcard size photograph
- Thumb Impression
Please follow these guidelines before uploading the required documents for NEET 2022 Application:
- You have to make sure that the documents you upload are not blurred
- You should upload a recent passport-sized and postcard-sized photograph with white background and the focus should be on your face. Ensure that atleast 80% of your face is visible. It should be a clear photograph without any goggles or cap.
- The signature should be on a white paper in running hand. Signatures with full name in capital letters or initials of the name will not be accepted. NTA will reject such applications.
NEET 2022 Application fee payment
After uploading the documents, the next stage is completing the payment of the Application form fee. NTA has revised the NEET 2022 application fee. After filling the form, you can make payment for the application fee through the following modes:
- credit card or debit card,
- net banking, or
You should ensure that you deposit the NEET exam form fee on or before 7th May 2022. We would recommend that you do not delay the process till the last date, because there might be a slight chance of some technical snags.
If the fee is not paid by the last date, your application form will be rejected. In case after making the payment of the fees, the NTA website does not show up Confirmation page. Then, it means that the transaction has been cancelled.
In case, the application fee is deducted from your bank account and the Confirmation Page is not generated. Then the amount will be automatically refunded to your credit/debit card. However, you will need to pay the application fee for NEET again and ensure that the website generates the Confirmation Page.
The revised schedule of application fees for NEET 2022 aspirants is provided below:
Now your NEET 2022 application form is complete. You can log out of your account.
Make sure you have followed each and every step to fill your NEET 2022 Registration and Application Form, including submission of required documents and fee payment. Do not miss any step. Otherwise, your NEET application will be rejected.
Please note: Final Submission of Online Application will remain incomplete in case you do not complete the fee payment. The confirmation page generated will confirm that the Application has been successfully submitted. Follow the steps mentioned in the article if you face any issues regarding NEET 2022 application fee payment.
How to correct errors made while filling the exam form
Please ensure that your NEET registration and application form is complete and accurate.
In case you make a mistake while filling out the registration form, you would be barred from appearing in the exam. There is no option to correct the errors after submitting the registration form for NEET 2022.
However, if you have committed any error or mistake in filling the application for NEET 2022, you will have a chance to correct your mistake. You need to make the corrections in your NEET application form in online mode. NTA will release the dates for correction of the NEET application form after the last date of form submission.
You can make corrections to your NEET application form, but you will need to provide valid reasons for making the corrections or modifications to the application form.
NTA will update you about the status of the corrections through e-mail/SMS. In case, the website asks for an additional fee for correcting errors in the application form, then you must pay the fee on the NTA website. The corrections will not be considered in case the additional fee is not paid.
Common mistakes made by candidates while filling the NEET 2022 Application form
Over the NEET attempts in the past years, we have noticed students typically make mistakes in filling the details due to inaccurate information or system issues. Below are some of the common mistakes we have noticed:
- Spelling error in Name
- Date of Birth filled in wrong format
- Wrong State code of eligibility
- Wrong preference of exam centre
- Incorrect calculation of 10th and 12th marks
- Wrong Qualifying Examination Code
Important Dates for NEET 2022 Application Form
To appear for NEET 2022, you need to keep a track of the below dates related to the registration process and application form. If you miss any of these important dates, you would not be able to appear for the NEET 2022 exam.
|NEET 2022 Events||Important Dates|
|Beginning of the NEET registration and application process||Began on 6th April 2022|
|Last date for submission of the NEET 2022 application form||It will end on 6th May 2022|
|Last date for fee submission of the application form||One day after the last date of form submission|
|Downloading of Admit Cards from NTA’s website||3 (three) days before the exam|
Generally, the NEET registration window is open for a month. However, depending on the number of applications and candidate requests, the last date of NEET 2022 application form may be extended for a few more days.
You need to choose the medium of the examination while filling the application form for NEET. NTA will conduct NEET 2022 exam in 13 languages across India. These include three national and ten regional languages.
Below is the list of the languages you can choose as a medium of examination while filling out the form. If you are not comfortable with the English language, you can choose the regional language only in the native state.
FAQs on NEET Registration Process and Application Form 2022
Yes, you can choose to submit Aadhar card number or any other government identity card number at the time of submitting the exam form. However, you do not need to submit the identity proof document at the time of applying for NEET 2022.
Adding your name and date to the photograph is mandatory. You will not be eligible to appear in the NEET if the photo does not include the printed name and date.
If you need to generate a new password for your NEET application form login, you can generate your new password by following one of the three methods mentioned below:
– One Time Password on your Mobile Number.
– Answer the security questions including your NEET registration number, name and date of birth.
– Clicking ‘Forget Mobile number and Email ID’ – Enter your NEET Registration Number, name, father’s and mother’s name and date of birth.
NTA will allow you to make corrections in your NEET Application form. You need to log in to your account to make corrections and pay the correction fee.
To help candidates living in rural areas, NTA has set up ‘Common Service Centres’ across India. These centres assist students who do not have an internet connection or are unable to fill the form. You can visit one of the centres for help in filling your application form by paying a nominal fee.
‘SANDES’ mobile application is a secondary channel to receive time-to-time notifications from NTA.
Courses to prepare for NEET after completing the Application process
Once you have completed the registration and application process for NEET 2022, you have very limited time to prepare for the exam.
In the time available depending on your existing level of preparations, you should choose a NEET preparation course that helps you target a 600-650+ score for admission to medical colleges.
Some of the courses that can help you achieve the desired marks in the limited time are listed below:
Specialised course for NEET Repeater and Dropper students
Students who have already cleared their class 12 exams (Repeater and Dropper students) do not have board exam pressure this year. These students have already prepared the NEET topics as part of their class 11 and 12 syllabus. In the limited time remaining, they need to work on perfecting their problem-solving skills and accuracy. This would enable them to target top score in the available time.
For such students, the NEET Online Repeater Dropper Course is a very good option as it provides the required practice and detailed doubt clearance to target the desired score.
The course includes smart notes to help revise the complete two-year syllabus quickly. After preparing these notes, you can spend the saved time on practice and building accuracy.
Power-packed NEET Test Series with Question Bank
The main challenge in scoring well in NEET is problem-solving skills. Despite preparing all the chapters, students are unable to solve questions. The primary reason for this is that students do not know which NEET concept to apply or how to apply them.
In the limited time available till NEET 2022 exam, you should focus all your efforts on building perfection in solving NEET level questions. You can do this by thoroughly practicing the provided questions and clearing your doubts on each question you make mistakes in.
With the help of the NEET question bank provided in the test series, you can first learn to solve questions correctly. Once you have built the required skills, you should take the chapter-wise tests to assess your level of preparation. The aim of the entire exercise is that you are able to score 90-95% marks in each of the NEET level tests so that you can score 650+ marks in the NEET 2022 Mock tests.
Short Term Crash Course for 12th going NEET aspirants
Students currently studying in class 12 are really short on time. In the 4-5 months remaining, you have to prepare for class 12 practical and board exams as well as for NEET UG 2022.
The NEET crash course is designed to help you revise the chapters quickly, with the help of your existing knowledge. Also, the selected important NEET level questions provided help build the problem-solving skills to help you target a 650+ score in NEET in your first attempt.
Once you have completed the NEET 2022 Registration and Application process, you should take the free trial of the courses to experience how you can prepare and achieve a top score in NEET in the available time.