NEET application form for 2020 has been released by the National Testing Agency for NEET 2020 exam. You can apply for NEET 2020 online on the NTA and NEET website. Please note that unlike JEE, NEET will be conducted only once in 2020.
The application form for NEET has been released on 2nd December 2019 and you can fill the NEET form until the last day of the month, i.e. 31st December 2019 BUT only upto 11.50 PM. However, you will be able to make the payment of the application fee till 1st January 2020 (Up to 11.50 PM). This time, you will be able to choose the exam city and exam centre as well while filling the NEET application form. The NEET 2020 exam will be conducted on May 3, 2020.
Before applying for NEET, you should read the NEET eligibility criteria, set by NTA to see if you are eligible to apply for 2020 attempt.
In this article, we have compiled all the important details regarding NEET application form, the process of filling the Application form for NEET 2020, important dates for NEET 2020 and eligibility for NEET 2020
While the process of filling the NEET 2020 application form is similar to the application forms for the previous attempts, the main highlights are as below:
- The form is completely online. If you wish to appear for the NEET 2020 exam, you are required to fill the form online only. You do not need to send any document in hard copy to NTA.
- If you are an Indian national, you can use your Aadhaar Number (last 4 digits), Class XII Roll No. issued by your Board, Election Card (EPIC No.), ration card, Bank Passbook with photograph, Passport Number or any other photo identity card, issued by Government while filling the NEET 2020 application form. If you are NRI/PIO/OCI or foreign national, you can use your Passport Number or Aadhaar No. (last 4 digts).
- If you are from the UTs of J&K or Ladakh and if you wish to claim All India quota, you need to submit a self-declaration form. These two Union Territories are not a part of the 15% All India Quota.
- The restriction of three attempts for NEET has been removed. So, you can appear for NEET till the age of 25 years, if you are a candidate from Unreserved/General Category.
NEET has been mandatory for Indian citizens planning to take admission into any foreign medical college.
- NEET is also applicable for students who are seeking admission into AYUSH courses, i.e. Ayurveda course, Yoga course and Naturopathy course, Unani course, Siddha course, and Homeopathy course. Hence, if you are planning to take admission into the AYUSH courses, you need to apply for NEET.
- Selection to AIIMS and JIPMER would also be through NEET-UG, conducted by NTA under the provisions of the new National Medical Commission Act, 2019. No separate exam would be held either for AIIMS or JIPMER.
- You can also add an alternate mobile number and an alternate email.
Among other updates for NEET 2020, NTA, the limit on number of attempts is not applicable for NEET 2020. So, until you are of 25 years of age, you are eligible to apply for NEET exam, irrespective of the year of passing the qualifying exam or the number of attempts.
|NEET 2020 Events||Important Dates|
|Submission of online application forms||From Dec. 2, 2019 to Dec. 31, 2019 (till 11.50 PM)|
|Last date for successful final transaction fee||January 1, 2020 (till 11.50 PM)|
|Downloading of Admit Cards from NTA's website||March 27, 2020 onwards|
|Date of NEET-UG Examination||May 3, 2020 (Sunday)|
|Timing of Examination||02.00 PM to 05.00 PM|
|Display of Answer Key||Yet to be declared by NTA|
|Declaration of Results||June 4, 2020|
NTA has simplified the process of filling the NEET 2020 application form by reducing the list of documents needed. Below is the list of the documents and details that are required at the time of filling the NEET 2020 application form:
- Aadhaar Number (last 4 digits), Class XII Roll No. issued by your Board, Election Card (EPIC No.), ration card, Bank Passbook with photograph, Passport Number or any other photo identity card, issued by Government
- Your class X, XI and class XII marksheet.
- Your valid email id (or your parent's email) and your current mobile phone number (or your parent's mobile number). Please enter a valid mobile number where NTA can send you SMS.
- Scanned images of your passport sized photograph, postcard sized phtograph and of your signature
- Credit/Debit Card/Net Banking details needed for making online payment of fees
NEET Application Form fee and payment process
NTA has revised the fee for NEET application form. After filling the form, you can make payment for the application fee through the following modes:
- credit card or debit card
- net banking
In case after making the payment of the fees, the NTA website does not show up Confirmation page, then it means that the transaction has been cancelled. If the application fee is deducted from your bank account and the Confirmation Page is not generated, then the amount will be automatically refunded to your concerned credit/debit card. However, you will need to pay the application fee for NEET again and ensure that the website generates the Confirmation Page. .
Application fee for NEET 2020
|General-EWS/ OBC-NCL||Rs. 1,400|
As the NEET application process is open from November 2 to December 31, 2019, you should fill the application form within this time period. Below are some tips to ensure that you fill the form correctly and do not need to make any corrections later.
- You should aim to fill the form timely to avoid any mistakes and avoid the last minute rush.
- The application form for NEET 2020 can be filled through online mode only. No offline application for NEET will be accepted. So, take your time to read the step-by-step guide to fill the form.
- You are required to upload the scanned images of your recent passport and postcard size photographs and signature. Keep the scanned images handy while filling the form.
- Once you have filled the application form and paid the application fee, a Confirmation Page will be generated. You should download it and get at least 5-6 printouts. There is no need to send any document to the authorities.
As application form for NEET 2020 is online this year, you need to ensure that you follow the right process for filling the form. Read the below procedure and step-by-step guide to apply for NEET 2020 exam.
NEET Application Form: Procedure for applying for NEET 2020
You should follow the below procedure to fill the NEET application form 2020:
- You need to open the NTA NEET website and click “Fill Application form”.
- Carefully read the instructions
- Tick the checkbox and click “Proceed to Apply Online NEET (UG) 2020” to start the registration process.
- Enter the basic registration details and click on the “Preview & Next” button.
- You need to log in again with your NEET 2020 registration number and your password.
- Fill the required details about you, including personal information, educational details and choice of exam centres.
- On the next screen, you need to upload scanned copies of your photographs and your signature in the format prescribed by NTA.
- After uploading the image of your photographs and signature, you need to click on the “Make Payment” button.
- Once you choose the mode of payment (i.e. debit/credit card or net banking), you need to make the payment of the fee for the application form.
- After paying the fee, you should ensure that the Confirmation Page is generated. If Confirmation Page is not generated, you need to make the payment again.
- Take at least 5-6 printouts of Confirmation Page in A4 size for further use.
Step-by-step guide on filling NEET Application Form 2020
Below is the detailed step-by-step guide to apply for NEET 2020. You must carefully read the steps mentioned below to avoid making any mistakes when you start filling up the application form for NEET 2020.
Step 1: You have to fill the application form for NEET 2020 on the official NTA NEET website only. Visit www.ntaneet.nic.in and click on ‘Fill Application Form’ on the home page of the website.
Step 2: Read the instructions and procedure for filling the online application form for NEET carefully. Then click on ‘Proceed to Apply Online NEET’ button.
Step 3: Now you have to enter your personal details such as your name, your mother’s and father’s name, category, disability status, date of birth, gender, nationality and details of your identification proof. You can choose any of the following as your identification proof:
- Aadhar Card (Last four digits)
- Voter Id/Election Card (EPIC No.)
- Passport number
- Ration Card
- Bank Account
- Other Valid Government Identity Card
Then enter your mobile number and email id which you are currently using as you will receive an OTP on your mobile number to complete your registration for NEET 2020. Also, any future communications by NTA will be sent to this mobile number and email id. Then enter the security pin and click on ‘Preview and Next’.
Step 4: Check information in every field one by one and click on its corresponding checkbox at the bottom. If everything is correct, check ‘I have verified all the information entered by me’ and click on ‘Next’. In case, you need to make any correction to the details, simply click on the ‘Back’ button.
Step 5: Now you need to create a password for your NEET application form. Create a password keeping in mind the guidelines given below. Then choose a security question and answer. You should note down the password, security question and answer to the security question for future reference.
Your password for NEET application form must consist of the following:
- It should be minimum eight characters long and can be maximum 13 characters long.
- It should have at least one Upper case alphabet and one Lower case alphabet.
- It should have at least one numeric character.
- It should have at least one special characters, like!@#$%^&*.
Step 6: You must have received an OTP on your registered mobile number. The OTP is valid for only 15 minutes. The timer next to the OTP field shows the time remaining for the validity of OTP. Now enter the OTP and click on ‘Submit’.
Step 7: Your Provisional Application Number has been generated now. Note down this number safely and click on ‘Click here to login’.
Step 8: Now enter your application number and password to log in and fill your application form for NEET.
Step 9: Now fill up your NEET application form based on the following guidelines:
Section 1: Personal Details & Exam-related details
Some of the fields are pre-filled based on the information provided by you at the time of registration. You need to enter the following further details:
- Whether you belong to the minority category.
- Whether you are suffering from Type 1 diabetes.
- Your place of birth (India or Abroad), State and district.
- Language in which you want to appear for the NEET exam (Medium of Question paper). Choose your medium of question paper carefully as you cannot change this option later.
Choices of examination Cities- You have to fill four examination cities in order of your preference. Select your cities carefully as you cannot change these preferences later.
Section 2: Academic Details
Here you need to enter the details related to your Class 10th, Class 11th and Class 12th as asked in the NEET application form. After filling the information, click on ‘Next’.
Section 3: Address and other details
- Enter your permanent address and phone number in the respective fields.
- If your correspondence address is same as your permanent address, click on ‘Same as Permanent Address’. If not, then enter your current correspondence address.
- Enter details of your parents or guardians related to their qualification, occupation and annual income.
- Finally, enter the security pin (case-sensitive) and click on ‘Preview and Submit’.
Step 10: Now, review for NEET Application form. Double-check each and every detail. If everything is correct, check all the checkboxes at the bottom and click on ‘Final Submit’.
Step 11: Now you have to upload a scanned copy of your photographs and signature.
- Click on ‘Upload your recent Photograph and Signature’ on the page.
- Upload your photographs and signature in respective fields by clicking on ‘Choose file’.
- Then click on ‘Next’ and check the boxes for photograph and signature and click on ‘Upload’.
Please follow these guidelines before uploading the photographs:
- You have to upload a passport-sized photograph with white background and focus should be on your face. It should be a clear photograph without any goggles or cap.
- Only a recent photograph should be used for NEET application form.
- Keep the scanned images in JPEG/JPG format only.
- The file size of the scanned photograph should be between 10 KB to 200 KB.
- The signature should be on a white paper in running hand. Signatures with full name in capital letters or initials of the name will not be accepted. Such applications will be rejected.
- Keep 6-8 identical photographs which you which will be required at the time of the exam, seat allocation process and admissions. You should carry one passport sized photograph and one postcard sized photograph to the examination centre at the time of the examination.
Step 12: Now you have to complete your application form for NEET by paying the fees.
You can make payment in any of the following modes:
- Debit/Credit Card
- Net Banking
- Unified Payment Interface (UPI)
Step 13: After making the payment, you must take 5 to 6 printouts of the confirmation page by clicking on ‘Click here to take a Print out of the Confirmation Page’ at the bottom. You don’t have to send the confirmation of NEET Application form to NTA.
Step 14: You must retain the following documents for future reference:
- Printout of the Confirmation Page of Online Application for NEET
- Proof of NEET Application fee payment
- 6 to 8 identical copies of photograph uploaded in the NEET Application form
- Copy of system generated Self-declaration (applicable only for candidates from Jammu and Kashmir who have opted for seats under 15% All India Quota).
Step 15: Now your application form for NEET 2020 is completed, and you can log out of your account.
Make sure you have followed each and every step to fill your NEET Application Form 2020. Do not miss any step; otherwise, your application for NEET will be rejected.
Please ensure that your NEET application form is complete and accurate. If you have committed any error or mistake in filling the application for NEET 2020, you will have a chance to correct your mistake from January 15th January to 31st January 2020. The corrections in your NEET application details need to be made in online mode only.
You can make corrections to your NEET application form, but you will need to provide valid reasons for making the corrections or modifications to the application form.
NTA will update you about the status of the corrections through e-mail/SMS. In case, the website asks for an additional fee for correcting errors in the application form, and then you must pay the fee on the NTA website. If the additional fee is not paid, then the corrections will not be considered.
Common mistakes made by candidates while filling the NEET 2020 Application
Over the NEET attempts in the past years, we have noticed students typically make mistakes in filling the details due to inaccurate information or system issues. Below are some of the common mistakes we have noticed:
- Spelling error in Name
- Wrong Date of Birth format
- Wrong State code of eligibility
- Wrong preference of exam centre
- Wrong calculation of 10th and 12th marks
- Wrong Qualifying Examination Code
You can fill up the NEET application form 2020 if you fulfil the eligibility criteria given below:
Nationality: Indian Nationals, Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs), Persons of India Origin (PIOs) and Foreign Nationals are eligible to appear for NEET, provided they fulfil the other qualifying criteria.
Minimum Age: You would be 17 years of age on or before 31st December of the 1st year of your MBBS/BDS course.
Maximum Age: If you are a candidate belonging to General Category your age should be 25 years or less on the date of the exam. If you are a candidate belonging to SC/ST/OBC Category, you have a relaxation of 5 years in upper age limit and accordingly your age should be 30 years or less on the date of the exam.
So, if you belong to the Unreserved category/General Category, you can apply for NEET 2020 you should have been born between May 5, 1994, and December 31, 2002. In case you belong to SC, ST, OBC or PwD category, you can apply for NEET 2020 you should have been born between May 5, 1989, and December 31, 2002.
Note: If you are above 25 years, you are permitted provisionally to appear in NEET 2020 but your candidature shall be subject to the outcome of pending Petitions before the Hon'ble Supreme Court.
Number of Attempts: There this is no limit on the number of attempts however you should meet the Age Criteria, mentioned above to be eligible to apply for NEET exam.
Qualifying examination and marks:
You should have passed in each of the subjects, i.e., Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English in your qualifying examination, i.e. 12th.
Also, you should have scored a minimum percentage marks in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology in your 12th examination. The minimum percentage required depends on which category you belong to-
|Categories||Minimum Qualifying Percentage (aggregate)|
|General – PH||45%|
If you are appearing for your class 12 examinations in 2020, you can still appear for NEET-UG provisionally, but you would need to meet the conditions later.
Please note that students who have completed their class 12th from Open School or as private candidates will not be eligible to apply for NEET in 2020.
You need to choose the medium of the examination while filling the application form for NEET. NTA has said that in 2020, NEET will be conducted in 11 languages including three national and eight regional languages.
Below is the list of the languages you can choose as a medium of examination while filling the form.
|Language Type||Language||Availability in Test Centres|
|National Language||English||All Examination Centre Cities|
|Hindi||All Examination Centre Cities|
|Urdu||All Examination Centre Cities|
|Regional Language||Bengali||Examination Centres in West Bengal and Tripura|
|Assamese||Examination Centres in Assam|
|Gujarati||Examination Centres in Gujarat, Daman and Diu, Dadra and Nagar Haveli|
|Telugu||Examination Centres in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana|
|Marathi||Examination Centres in Maharashtra|
|Tamil||Examination Centres in Tamil Nadu|
|Oriya||Examination Centres in Odisha|
|Kannada||Examination Centres in Karnataka|
While NEET exams shall be conducted in the languages mentioned above, you can choose the regional language only in the state where the language is spoken.
General FAQs on NEET Application Form 2020
Q1. Why should I add my name and date on the photograph? Is it mandatory for filling the NEET application form for 2020?
Adding your name and the date are mandatory to apply for NEET 2020. You will not be eligible to appear in the NEET 2020 exam if the photograph uploaded by you does not include the printed name and date.
Q2. I have forgotten the password of the NEET Application form 2020. How can I get a new password?
If you need to generate a new password for your NEET application form login, you can generate your new password by following one of the three methods mentioned below:
- Using OTP (One Time Password) on your Mobile Number registered with NTA.
- You need to answer the security questions including your NEET registration number, your name and your date of birth.
- Clicking ‘Forget Mobile number and Email ID’ - You will have to provide your details like your NEET Registration Number, your name, your father’s and mother’s name and date of birth.
Q3. Can I purchase the NEET Application forms offline?
The application forms for NEET are available online only. You can apply for NEET by logging in to the NTA NEET website and filling the form. You will not be able to get the form offline from any bank or institution.
Q4. Where should I send the Confirmation page of the NEET Application form? Should I email it or send it by mail?
You are not required to send the confirmation page of the NEET application form to NTA. However, you should take a printout of the page for your future reference.
Q5. I have filled my parents' name wrongly while filling the NEET application form. I have put my father’s name in the mother’s name column. What should I do?
Do not worry. NTA will allow the corrections in the NEET Application form from January 14th to January 31st, 2020. You need to login to your account to make the corrections and pay the applicable fee.
Q6. If I am unable to appear for NEET attempt due to any reason, will my application fee be refunded?
Application fee paid by you will not be refunded if you fail to appear for the NEET 2020 exam. NTA will not entertain any request for refund of the fee paid for the NEET application form.
Q7. I have not received the proof of fee payment on the NTA NEET website. What should I do?
The confirmation page generated on the NTA NEET website is the proof of the NEET application form fee payment. This page will include the NEET application fee details, transaction id and amount.
Q8. I am from a rural area. I do not have an internet connection. Can you help me fill the NEET 2020 application form?
Do not worry. NTA has set up ‘Common Service Centres’ across India to assist students who do not have an internet connection or are unable to fill the form. You can visit one of the centres to fill your NEET application form by paying a nominal fee.
Related courses for NEET
|NEET Online Repeater Dropper Course (For Repeaters and droppers)
NEET Chapter wise Study Notes, Chapter wise Question Bank, Online Test Series
|NEET Online Test Series (For 12th going students)
NEET Chapter Tests, Subject level Tests, Minor and Major Tests with performance and instant doubt clearance