Following is the eligibility criteria for JEE (Main) 2014 :-
- To appear in JEE (Main) 2014 entrance examination, you must be born on or after October 1, 1989. If you are a General or OBC candidate. However, there is a relaxation of 5 years in upper age limit, if you belong to SC/ST/PwD categories, i.e. you should be born on or after October 1, 1984. Date of birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board/University certificate will only be considered.
- You would be entitled to appear for JEE (Main)-2014 examination if you have passed your class 12th exams or any other qualifying examination in 2012 or 2013 or if you are appearing in 2014. If you have passed your class 12th or qualifying examination in 2011 or before, you would not be eligible for JEE (Main)-2014. If you have appeared in 12th or other qualifying examination in 2011 but didn’t pass and passed it in 2012, you would not be eligible to appear in JEE (Main)-2014.
- You should have taken at least five subjects in class 12th or any other qualifying examination for appearing in JEE (Main)-2014.
- In states of Maharashtra and Oshida, age limit, for purpose of admission, will be same as followed earlier by respective state boards.
- You are also expected to have appeared/passed in following compulsory and optional subjects in the qualifying examination for respective courses:
|Course||Compulsory||Any one of the Optional Subjects|
|B.E/B.TECH||Physics & Mathematics||Chemistry, Bio-technology, Computer Science, Biology|
|B.ARCH/B.PLANNING||Mathematics with 50% marks in aggregate at 10+2 level|
- Admission to NITs, and IIITs, will be based on 40% weightage for performance in Class XII board or other qualifying examination‘s marks (normalized) and the remainder 60% weightage would be given to JEE (Main). This also applies to other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs) and other participating institutions.
- The number of attempts which a candidate can avail at JEE (Main) shall be limited to three (3) for all the candidate in consecutive years. The candidates who have passed +2 exam in 2012 or 2013 or appearing in +2 in 2014 are only eligible to appear in JEE (Main) 2014. Candidates who passed +2 in 2011 or before or appearing in 2015, are not eligible to appear in JEE (Main) 2014.
- Date of Examinations for JEE (Main) Exam 2014
- Offline Exam - 6th April 2014
- Online Exam - On 9th, 11th, 12th and 19th April 2014
- The examination (Paper II of earlier AIEEE) for admission to B.Arch/B.Planning courses at NITs, IIITs, DTU, Delhi and other CFTIs will be held on 7th April, 2014 in offline mode only.
- If you have appeared for +2 board exam in the year 2012 or 2013 and want to improve your performance you can do so provided you appear in +2 board exam being held in the year 2014 for all the subjects and not in one subject.