IIT JEE Advanced 2020 registration procedure will begin in the month of May 2020. You should follow this JEE Advanced registration procedure carefully. It involves collection of the certificates and other documents (such as photograph, scanned copy of signature and thumb impression), online payment of registration fee and availing services of a scribe (if required).
Procedure for Registration for JEE Advanced 2020
For appearing in JEE Advanced 2020, you should register online at the official website http://www.jeeadv.ac.in/ only. Even if you have not opted for JEE Advanced 2020 at the time of filling up your form for JEE Main 2020, you can still register for JEE Advanced 2020. You cannot withdraw your application for JEE Advanced 2020, once the registration is completed.
You can get the details instructions for online registration at the official website. The online registration for JEE Advanced 2020 shall be open on 12th September 2020. You must register yourself at the earliest without waiting for the last minute to avoid last minute glitches. Still if you miss the deadline, you can register with the late fees.
You must satisfy each of the conditions laid down in the eligibility criteria for appearing in JEE Advanced 2020. If it is found that you do not meet even any one of the eligibility criteria, your registration will be cancelled.
After registration, you are required to fill in additional information and upload the scanned documents. Then make the payment of registration fees and print the Confirmation Page.
Documents/Information required for registration for JEE Advanced 2020
You are required to upload the following certificates and other documents at the time of online registration for JEE Advanced 2020:
- Colour photograph taken within last six months. The photograph should be taken with full frontal view of the face and the head should cover 70-80% of the photograph. The photograph should be clear and clearly establish your identity.
- Date of birth certificate (Class Xth certificate or a birth certificate)
- If your name is not the same as in your Xth class certificate, copy of the gazette notification for change of name.
- If you have appeared in JEE Advanced in 2018 or your board result was declared after June 2017, Class XIIth or equivalent examination certificate.
- Scanned copy of a your full signature.
- Scanned copy of left hand thumb impression.
- If you are a candidate belong to SC/ST category, you also need to upload your caste certificate (for SC category) or tribe certificate (for ST category) in FORM-SC/ST.
- If you are a candidate belonging to OBC-NCL category, you also need to upload OBC-NCL certificate in Form -OBC-NCL. The OBC-NCL certificate should have been issued on or after April 1, 2020 and should conform to the latest guidelines of the central government. You can find the latest guidelines at http://www.ncbc.nic.in. If you are not able to collect your OBC-NCL certificate (Issued after April 1, 2020) till the time of online registration, you may upload a declaration in lieu of OBC-NCL certificate.
- If you are a candidate belong to PwD category, you also need to upload your disability certificate (issued by a district medical board or a competent authority) in Form - PwD (II/III/IV whichever is applicable). If you are a Dyslexic candidate, you need to upload the certificate (in Form -Dyslexic-1 and 2) instead of Form PwD. Your certificate should mentioned 'SEVERE' to enable you to get the benefit of PwD category.
- If you are a candidate belonging to DS category, you need to upload the certificate (in Form -DS) issued by the competent authority in the Directorate of Resettlement and Rehabilitation under Ministry of Defence or Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India.
- If you are a candidate seeking the services of a scribe you need to upload a request letter to the chairman of your zonal IIT in Form -SCRIBE.
- If your examination board is outside India or is not listed in the examinations considered as equivalent to class XII, you also need to upload a certificate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) to the effect that your examination is equivalent to the class XII examination.
- OCI Card/ PIO Card, if your nationality is OCI or PIO.
- If you are a Foreign student you need to submit the following documents:
- Birth Certificate for age proof
- Class XII mark sheet/certificate
- Identity proof of the candidate
- Citizenship certificate/Passport of both the parents
- Testimonial (If required)
Registration fee for JEE Advanced 2020
You would be require to pay the registration fee as per details given below:
|Particulars||Amount of Fee|
|Examination Centres in India|
|Female Candidates (All categories)||Rs. 1,300|
|SC/ST/PwD Candidates||Rs. 1,300|
|All Other Candidates||Rs. 2,600|
|Examination Centres Outside India (SAARC Countries)|
|All Candidates||US$ 160|
|Examination Centres Outside India (Non-SAARC Countries)|
|All Candidates||US$ 300|
Along with the registration fee, you would also be required to pay GST, service charges and processing fee for making online payment. The exact amount of GST will be determined by the Government of India at the time of registration. Please note that the registration fee shall not be refunded.
Services of a Scribe
If you are visual impaired, dyslexic or have a disability in the upper limbs or have lost fingers/hands, preventing you from bubbling the optical response sheet (ORS), you can request the services of a scribe. If you need the services of a scribe you need to upload your request in prescribed Form -SCRIBE along with a copy of the PwD certificate [Form -PwD(II/III/IV whichever is applicable)] or a copy of Dyslexic certificate (Form - Dyslexic) at the time of online registration for JEE Advanced 2020. Following are the conditions for availing the services of a scribe:
- You are not allowed bring the scribe of your own choice. You would be allowed to choose a scribe from the panel, comprising of students of class XI from the science stream with mathematics as one of the subjects. Zonal IITs will make arrangement to provide you this panel of scribes (amanuenses).
- You can meet the scribe one day prior to the examination in the presence of IIT Representatives, Presiding Officer and an Invigilator.
- The scribe provided to you will be a class XI student from science stream with mathematics as one of the subjects.
- If you have used the services of a scribe and have consequently taken one extra hour and it is found that you do not posses extent of disability, warranting the use of services of a scribe, you will be excluded from the process of evaluation, ranking and admission. In such a case, if you have already been admitted your admission will be cancelled.